Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Micki & Jade please!

Doubling the number of occupants in your house is overwhelming for anyone. Cody's baby mama (her name is Brittany, I just think that baby mama is funny to say) came to stay at our house with her two kids for 11 days. Izzy fought with Brooklyn the entire time. I know that my kid can be spoiled but the fact of the matter is that she was just not used to so much commotion and competitiveness in her house. By day 8, she came to be crying because the girls got into another fight and she said, "I want Micki and Jade." Even her little two year old mind could process the fact that things are easier when we visit with them than the situation we were living in. I was at the end of my rope, not that there weren't fun moments with the kids, but it was too much for too long. At one point, Isabelle and Brooklyn got stuck behind the couch, which I thought made a great cage. They thew themselves over it and got stuck in the corner, which makes it their problem, not mine. I refused to rescue them until they agreed to calm down, so Braxton stepped in for me. Thankfully, he couldn't lift either one of them. There is also a seperate issue that is up for debate. Brooklyn's hair got cut and she started closely resembling Joe Dirt with the mullet look. She kept claiming that Izzy did it and Brittany told everyone that. It can't be true! During the alleged incident, Izzy was asleep in her bed. And I told everyone this. I fought it to the bitter end but the day after they left, I found a piece of Isabelle's hair that had been cut. Her hair is much thicker than Brooklyn's and so it was hidden better. So maybe Izzy did it. But I'm not telling anyone because there is no way that it could be proved either way! Everyone has returned to where they belong and I can get my life back to normal (if that's possible).

1 comment:

Nic said...

I am so happy for you that it is over!! If Izzy ever says that again in that situation- pack your bags and come stay with me. You are more kind and gracious than me. I do admire you. I hope the doctor visit went well.