Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cambri Still Likes Food

Do you remember when I wrote about my little food thief? It was kind of a traumatic incident for me. But let me tell you it's becoming more and more serious.

I have a food addict on my hands.

Last Sunday, Cam Cam bolted to nursery at church. I mean literally pushing people out of her way.

What makes this weird is that in the past, Cambri has always been a staller. Like the type to follow her sister to her class and pretend to be shocked when her sad, pathetic mother pulls her out.

She has never cried or thrown a huge fit so I wouldn't say it was a job to drop her off. Just a small, annoying chore.

So when she literally started running to class, I was suprised.

If only I had noticed the drool running out of the corner of her mouth.

By the time I caught up with her, she was rooting through the nursery worker's purse. I was shocked as I pulled her off.

I mentioned to the volunteer that Cambri was super excited to come today. And then she mentioned to me that "Cambri is a delight blah blah, loves to read, blah blah." Then she happened to mention that she had noticed the standard goldfish crackers had started to get a little stale and so she had started supplementing the supply with treats from her home.

It all clicked.

Let me break this down for you peeps. People typically volunteer for a month at a time. It was this particular lady's third Sunday. Cambri noticed that lately the snacks had been better than average hence the sprint method of arrival instead of the stall.

I was so embarrassed.

I don't think that the volunteer made the connection.

But she doesn't know the history that I know.

I may be on my way to a two hundred pound two-year-old. Luckily she's is very cute and has a fun personality.

When the TV crew for the TLC special arrives, we'll be ready.

1 comment:

The Cook Nook said...

There's nothing wrong with appreciating good treats instead of bland goldfish crackers! She's just a foodie! :)