Friday, June 10, 2011

To Share Or Not To Share

Yes this is my little busy Izzy. But this story really isn't about her. It's about Cambri.


And I have to say, I am hesitant to share. Because I am slightly disturbed. For realsies.


And I don't want you to judge me. So I really debated but then I thought, what the heck? If I can't tell my bloggy friends, who can I tell?

Today I got to babysit both of my beautiful nieces. And seriously, I have been begging and pleading for this assignment for awhile. And literally stalking out a perfect situation where I would be the only option and then reminding everyone a couple hundred times that I was available and there was no one else. What can I say? I'm methodical.


It took me years to prove my worth, so needless to say, I took this assignment very seriously. 


And by this point in my story, my sister-in-law is probably freaking out. Considering the last time Jade came over for a visit, x-rays were required a day later. And I'm not even joking here peeps. I felt horrible. She tripped and skinned her knee under my charge. After she was not willing to put any pressure on it for over 24 hours, they had to make sure nothing was chipped or broken. Luckily nothing was hurt but I thought my babysitting dream was down the toilet.

Everyone take a deep breath, like I said before, this story is really about Cambri.

My brother-in-law dropped off the girls around 8 in the morning. And he graciously brought breakfast. Yay for that! 9 pancakes for 4 little girls seems like easy math, right?

Definitely enough for everyone, but they were packaged in groups of three. I thought it made the most sense to split one plate between Cambri and Mia being that they are the youngest.  Cambri didn't like the fact that she had to share plus use a regular plate as well. Because eating off Styrofoam is so much cooler.

But she calmed down relatively quickly so I thought everything was good.

Here comes the  point of this whole story.

The embarrassing part.

Cambri was sitting at the end of the table with Jade to her right. And every time Jade turned her head, she would reach her chubby, grubby fingers over to Jade's plate and steal a couple of pieces of food.

I am not even joking.

And I sat there dumbfounded as she expertly dropped the food on her plate and pretended like nothing was happening as she munched away.

Like it was normal for a one-year-old to be so consumed by food that she has to stockpile her plate.

I didn't even know what to say or do, so I did nothing. Don't judge me.  

And yet, even with all of the extras, guess who was the only one who cleaned her plate?

 

We don't call her the garbage disposal for nothing.

Heaven help us.


No comments: