Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Raising A Nerd

When I was little, I loved Roald Dahl's book Matilda. Chase thought that Izzy would love it because she's a spunky girl and the story is about a spunky girl on steroids (theoretically of course).

Now obviously Izzy can't read yet but luckily for her there is a movie and we found it for $5 at Target. Unlucky for us though. We have watched it 10 times this week alone. She can watch it once and then immediately press play again. Super annoying for the rest of the family that is snow sequestered. Darn Chase for teaching her how the DVD player works. Remind me to kick him next time I see him.


Those of you out there in blog world that have read the book (or seen the movie) know that Matilda has special powers with her eyes. And there is a particular scene in the movie where she is dancing around during breakfast, pointing at things that begin moving. And to a ditty little tune.


So last night, I rounded the corner and came into the kitchen. And walked into this scene.

Isabelle was dancing around the kitchen counters, humming the tune and pointing to different objects. After she saw me, she begged me to take a picture.




I am almost embarrassed to push publish on this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna call her Matilda next time I see her (which better be soon!) These pics are adorable!!
Kelly