Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


We were supposed to go to Denver for Thanksgiving this year but of course it was blizzard conditions for the four days leading up to our departure.


I am not suprised, it pretty much matches my year.


But being that we weren't in the mood to happily celebrate Thanksgiving, we decided that it would be ok to just go to a restaurant.


And that is what we did. No cooking, no cleaning, just eating with a waiter on hand to refill drinks. I guess there are worse ways to spend the day.


Randomly, they gave us our own banquet room. Six people sitting in a banquet room alone kind of draws attention to the obvious fact that someone is missing. It was kind of sad but we all knew the day would be. My mom was the best cook and we always had awesome Thanksgiving dinners. And I felt really bad about taking my kids to a restaurant because my mom never would have done that.

Not that my kids really noticed. They still had a good time.

I'm grateful that it's over though.

No comments: