Saturday, December 4, 2010

We Create Kids That Only Their Parents Can Love


I took this picture of Cam Cam because Chase and I thought she looked so cute. Upon further review, I realized this is not a good angle. It makes her look like she has a crooked neck. Sad! But in the moment, Chase and I were amazed at her cuteness. Obviously we think she's cute, we are her parents for hells sake. I was concerned about our judgement after I saw this picture blown up.  



But then I realized that Cambri is pretty freaking cute. She is a crack up. She really loves her shoes. First thing in the morning, she get up and goes and gets me a pair of shoes to put on her with her pj's. Right now, her boots are the cat's meow. I love this kid.  

Cam Cam got her first haircut, courtesy of my dad. He didn't actually do the cutting just the transporting and the paying.

Which panicked my sister to the millionth degree. I was sitting in class and I kept getting text messages from her.

Heidi: I cannot believe u let dad take camcam for a haircut.

Katie: Why?

Heidi: I guess I was more protective of M's baby hair. I am surprised u trusted dad. Wasn't he behind your infamous Elvis cut?

The haircut she is referencing is this one where Chuck took my hair from this:


to this:

And this peeps is the much grown out version. It was horrible.

Being that I got busy in class, you know learning, I never responded to her last text message. And after class, I had four text messages built up from her.

Heidi: Is the elvis haircut a touchy subject.

Heidi: R u mad at me?

Heidi: KK quit ignoring me!!

Heidi: I'm sorry I deeply offended you!! I will never bring up past haircuts again.

I was laughing to myself regarding what a freak show this girl is. She really is too much.


But I also had a message from my dad. It contained this photo.

I now call Cam Cam "The Helmet Head."
Her haircut is like a boy bowl cut. But at least it's out of her eyes. And I'm just grateful that someone cared enough about me and my kids to pitch in and help out. Eternally grateful. I still am.

But when I got to my Dad's house to pick the girls up later that night, he did say something that concerned me.

Chuck: All three of us had haircuts tonight.

Katie: Oh?

Chuck: I told them to cut Izzy's hair off because she never brushes it.

Katie: What?

Chuck: Like yours used to be.

Katie: OMG

Chuck: But she told them she was growing it out.

Katie: OMG

Chuck: So she promised the girl that she would brush it and I decided I would give her one more chance. But next time she doesn't let us brush it, I'm taking her back and having it cut off.

Needless to say peeps, I'm revoking his babysitting privileges.

No comments: