Friday, September 24, 2010

Loving Pancake Covered Life

Ok peeps. I love being a parent. I really do.


But aren't there some days when you just want to hang up the towel?

Give up the ghost?

Give parenthood the old heave-ho?

Wow, I bet you're impressed with my cliche usage. I'll stop, I promise.

But I really had one of those days yesterday. It started super early in the morning with me shoving NutriGrain bars down my kids throats while trying to put their seat belts on. Breakfast at the Burke house. The dog (darn you Gordy!) wouldn't get out of the car. And Cam Cam kept feeding him little bites of her bar. Then screaming like a mad man when she realized it wasn't coming back to her. Then she would calm down. Feed Gordy. Scream over losing a bite. And this went on for probably four bites. Gordy was loving life. I was hating it.

Then I dropped Izzy off at school where I got a hearty "Congratulations" from a teacher. I honestly thought this was a sarcastic way of saying "Wow, you are on time." But I have been so good about being on time, I thought this behavior would be a little premature. Let's give it another month so I can really show them what being late means.

Come to find out, Izzy announced duirng circle sharing time that her mom was FINALLY marrying her boyfriend. Well doesn't that just make us sound like a happy family. I mean, we are FINALLY getting married.

Never mind the actual wedding that happened six years ago.

Things just went down hill from there. I will spare you the boring details. But later that night I was standing next to the kitchen table talking to my dad, who had just made pancakes. I swear that when you have kids, you lose all personal awareness. Izzy is always hanging all over me, so why would it ever be different?

Oh wait, she was lifting my shirt, sticking her fork on me and dragging a piece of syrup covered pancake down my back. Sweet. Syrup comes off easily you know. Especially in an easily reached location, such as your lower back.

I give up.

1 comment:

Golicova Family said...

I LOVE that outfit Izzy is wearing. Too cute!!