Monday, July 19, 2010

A Litter of Little Girls


Seriously peeps? How do you sleep with 8 little hands and 8 little feet jabbing you from all angles? It’s not easy!! It all started with the girls sleeping in a fort (or princess tent as we called it) in front of the TV. The two night owls of the bunch, Natasha and Marley, were keeping the others awake so I pulled them into my bed. This was around midnight. MIDNIGHT!!! I didn’t even know the freaking clock went that late. Around 3 a.m. Jhanna wandered in. She curled at my feet and went right back to bed. Sometime after that I was trying to establish if I had any feeling left in my toes after being cruelly ribbed kicked all night when I couldn’t figure out what my toes were touching. I just laid there, wiggling my toes, trying to have a complete thought when all of a sudden I heard little Jhanna say, “Stop messing with my ear.” The poor thing had my gross toes up her ear. Which explained A LOT. Yes I did have feeling in my limbs and ears feel weird on toes. Sometime after that, Izzy came tornadoing in. If you don’t think tornadoing is a word, you have never met Izzy. She came and literally cannon balled on me and pushed my pillow on the floor to make a spot for her. Then took the little slab of corner blanket I had been using. My freshly dry cleaned WHITE bedspread was on floor at this point so I just gave up and got out of bed. Who would have ever guessed that four such tiny things could take up so much room?

No comments: