Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July! Or 3rd of July in our case!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. The Burke house was super busy. On Friday night we went in to the Drive In. It was Natasha & Jhanna's first time so we made sure it was a super good time. We put a mattress in the back of Chase's truck and off we went. The first movie was Furry Vengeance, which was as lame as lame could possibly get. The second movie was Eclipse. I fell asleep.



The next morning we went to the parade. My brother-in-law, Cody, got there at 6:30 to save a spot and he let those of us who stayed up WAY too late the night before squat at his feet. It worked out perfectly (for me anyway, maybe not for Cody) to roll out of bed at 9am, dress the kids, and see all the parade in a front row seat.




Later that night, we went to the fireworks. Some major hooplah was going around town about the fireworks being held on Saturday instead of Sunday. As far as I'm concerned, it should be on Saturday every year. It works best for me! I would have been dead at work if I had stayed up late on Sunday. So I was ok with it. A few weeks ago, Paula asked me if she could park at my house so she and her family could walk down to the river. Naturally I agreed, wondering if she realized how far it was.

She inspired me. Being that I really had nowhere else to go, I loaded the girls up and off we went. Walking 2.2 miles at 8pm isn't so bad.

Walking home 2.2 miles at 11pm sucks! The girls were feisty. Luckily Paula and the fam caught up with me and so I wasn't completely alone. Not having my mom on holidays makes them super hard and Chase being gone just made it worse.

Something did make me laugh this weekend though. When I went to put gas in Chase's truck.


Advertising placement gone wrong. Horribly wrong.

1 comment:

Megan and Kenny said...

Way to walk to the fireworks! you don't have to work out for the rest of the week. :) Glad you had a great 4th of July weekend.