Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Peeps! I'm not behind or anything, aye? Considering that two additional national holidays have since passed since that glorious November day.

I wanted to catch you up on the goings on at the Burke house.

But to go back to Thanksgiving, we have to move the mental imagery to the Lanier house in smalltown Missouri. Because that's where we went and let me tell you, it was such a good time.

This is my brother-in-law Josh (and my super adorbs nephew).


He is the funniest guy I know. I'm not even joking. I spend the entire week laughing so hard, I couldn't breathe. Once again, I'm not even joking.

At one point during the week, he slipped his mom's school pic (she works for the school district) into my hubby's wallet.


And when she arrived home, he pretended to "discover" that Chase had been carrying around this picture, right in front of her. The horrified face she made when she thought Chasey was secretly carrying around her picture was priceless. I laughed for twenty minutes.

I can't even type this without laughing again. I'm sure it was one of those you had to be there kind of moments, but I loved it.

As my sister then pointed out, "Josh can intricately plan out every aspect of a joke and carry it out perfectly. But ask him to stop by the store for milk on his way home and it's hit or miss."

Ha ha, She's pretty funny too!

But in all seriously, my sister and I both really hit GRAND SLAMS when it comes to in-laws. Josh and his entire family are so welcoming and loving. I love them all. And Pam is an extremely good sport when she is the butt of Josh's funnies just so he can entertain us :)

Onward with a trip recap. Izzy lost a tooth the night before we left, on our way to Utah. Luckily her grandma was able to play tooth fairy. The five bucks Izzy got really upped the ante from the expired Arby's gift card I gave her the time before.


My sister lives about 30 minutes from the LDS historic town Nauvoo. While it has no religious significance for us, the history and restoration was absolutely fascinating. Chasey loves to study genealogy and he was in heaven. Here he is standing in front of his Great Great Great Grandfather (& namesake) Heber C. Kimball house. When the tour guides found out he was  a decendent, they lifted the velvet rope and let him go and really examine the artifacts. He must have snapped a hundred pics. A tad extreme? Sure. A tad embarrassing? Absolutely. But his geninue excitment was enough for me to hold my head up high and completely fight the urge to pretend like I was with the group in front of us.


In usual fashion, the kids were not that great on the plane ride out there when it was just me and them. And they were awesome on the ride home when Chase was with us. Sigh. The horrendous journey there was probably amplified in my head because we sat on the tarmac for 30 mintues after landing while they found a gate. The flight attendent had let Izzy announce our arrival into the Saint Louis airport over the PA system and so she preceded to ask every 30 seconds if she could say something else. That poor lady never realized what a can of worms she opened when asking a sweet looking child to welcome the crowd to the midwest. I do have to say that Izzy did such a good job while doing it that I was so glad I got it on tape. I tried to post it here, but it won't let me :( Take my word for it, it was super cute. 


My sister got the girls these super cute sweatshirts for Christmas. They love them and so do I!


On the way home, Chase got Izzy and I bumped to first class. It was AWESOMESAUCE. Full meal, plenty of room, full time drink service.


I don't think Izzy really got it. Considering halfway through she asked when the first class thing was going to start. 

That was Thanksgiving in a nutshell. Thanks again Laniers for an awesome week!

No comments: