Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm Like Chandler

Hey peeps :) Did you guys think I forgot about you?

I hope not, but I have been super busy. Let me tell you why here in a moment.

And now, please forgive me, but it's time for another Friends reference.


Do you guys remember when Chandler got laid off from his accounting job and didn't know what he wanted to do with his life? So he took an unpaid internship at an ad agency. And all his friends looked at him like he was crrraaaazzy.

That's me peeps :)

I am an unpaid intern and I honestly could not be more excited!

When I saw the posting, I thought, "Hey, I'm probably a long shot but maybe I should try."

And then I woke up and realized there was no way I could possibly be considered as I really had no qualifying skills. Trying would be stupid.

But then I thought again, it couldn't hurt.

And then I got an interview. I seriously couldn't breathe.

My first question was "Do you boat?" and that was followed up with "Do you fish?"

I managed to keep my smile plastered on my face but my mind was spinning. Obviously honesty is the best policy but my marketing background was telling me that ANYTHING can be spun positively.

So of course I was honest, but I expressed a desire to learn.

And it was in all seriousness peeps. I am EXCITED to learn.

I went home hoping but not getting my hopes up. When I hadn't heard by Friday at five, I thought maybe it was for the best.

Then I got the email. I was so excited.

And that, my friends, is how I became an unpaid intern.

Wish me luck :)

No comments: