Friday, October 22, 2010

My Road to Orphanhoodness

Well peeps, October is historically a good blogging month for me. Not this year. I'm a tad overwhelmed with wrapping up my entire holiday plan for both malls in time to turn it over to the new person. I can't wait. I CAN'T WAIT. It's going to be this huge weight off my shoulders and hopefully my personal situation.

My person situation. I have decided that I have become completely alone in this world. But it wasn't always this way. Here is my ophanhoodness timeline.

May 2008- My sister and brother-in-law move to South Dakota. Yes, this is pretty much the middle of nowhere. And I was very sad.

August 2008- Chasey switches companies. New company keeps him on the road three weeks out of the month and me without my bestie three weeks out of the month. Very sad!

October 2008- My grandpa died. Sad is not enough of a word. Devastating.

December 2009- My aunt Carol died. She used to bring me lunch and have me over for dinner. Overall the world is just not as bright without her.

March 4, 2010- Nope still can't even type the words without crying. It's safe to say the best part of me went to live in heaven that night.

October 2010- My dad leaves for AZ (albeit for two weeks but still!) and my grandma goes to New York to take a tour exploring fall colors. Graciously my best friend Paula commits to helping me watch my girls for extra hours just so I can keep up with a the bare minimum of expectations in my life.

And this is why when I tripped and slammed by head into the corner of a table during Biology that I had no one to call. Yes, Paula would have come but she would have had to pack 4 kids with her. I would have rather walked home than put her through that.

It only bled for a few minutes. I recovered. Honestly I was more sad that I had no one to call because that is just a depressing thought.

Wow, I need a vacation. I just depressed myself again.

I probably should look at the positive things in my life. Cam Cam was born in 2009. She's awesome. My babysitting situation is so nice. Paula loves my girls the second most after Chasey and I. My friends Kelly and Sherri each take a night watching them for FREE so I can go to school. Chuck & Bev do a lot for me, for which I will be eternally grateful. There is a silver lining, right?

1 comment:

The Lanier Family said...

Uh, what are we, chopped liver?