Friday, October 29, 2010

The Chicken Most Def Came Second...

Happy Halloween from the Burke house!

Izzy decided early on this year that she would be Sleeping Beauty and Cambri would be a bunny rabbit. But I already had this amazingly cute chicken costume. I make such cute chickens.

 Not the actual costume, I'm not that crafty. I leave the hard part up to Old Navy. I just help mold the people inside.


Aren't they cute?



This year, the Golicova girls invited us to their church Halloween carnival.

Where we had our hair dyed...

 And our faces painted!

There is more to this story though. We won a goldfish. When I say "we" I mean Izzy. And she blatantly cheated but the church officials deemed it appropriate enough to still let her "win." In her defense, she really didn't understand that she cheated. She was told the objective of said carnival game was to get the ping pong ball in the bowl. And it wasn't clear to the 4 year old who was hopping around on a high fructose corn syrup high that she couldn't just walk over and drop the ball in from a few inches away.

Now I have a fish to take care. And a four year old who is in love with the fish that she lovingly named "Ryan" after her uncle. If I hadn't just quit my job, this fish would put me over the edge. I feel such an obligation to this thing, I mean it is a living creature of God, right?

This is more commitment than I can stand.

1 comment:

The Lanier Family said...

As a second child, I still strongly oppose the reusing of Halloween costumes. That said, Cam cam looks adorable!!! I miss my nieces!