Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yes, She Thinks She's a Fairy


I can't decide who I should feel sorrier for. Izzy for not being able to grasp reality or Cambri for being too innocent to stop herself from being dragged along. My beautiful three year old has discovered the fun of dress up but doesn't quite have the skills to separate it from reality. I woke up last weekend and things were quiet. Way too quiet considering that it was almost 9am. While I LOVED being able to sleep in because that never happens, I was obviously extremely concerned. With good reason. I found Izzy completely dressed in her fairy costume, sitting in the crib and waiving her enchanted wand in Cam Cam’s little face. She was chanting “Bippity Boppity Boo. I will lift you from this bed. Which rhymes with dead” over and over again. She was trying to use her wand to magically lift Cam Cam out of bed. When I was trying to get her out of the crib, she kept telling me that it was “almost” working so I should let her “keep trying”. Oh little Izzy. When I wanted her to wear the costume, she refused. Now she puts it on and expects to be a real life fairy. I have shown a couple of people these pictures and they have all reeled back in horror, shocked that I didn’t end up with a 8 month old baby laying on hardwood floor suffering from a concussion. Honestly, it didn’t even occur to me that once Izzy was in the crib and had experienced wand failure, that she would try to lift Cambri out herself. Good thing it didn’t occur to her either. I think I will always be a work in progress.  

No comments: