Monday, September 29, 2008

Rylee Jewell Turns 8!





I have to enter two posts today because I missed all weekend. On Saturday morning (before I left for Eureka) I went to Rylee Jewell’s 8th birthday party. Our friend Ben put together a fun day for his kids and I was lucky enough to be invited. We met at the Aquatic Center but shortly after arriving someone defecated in the pool and it was shut down. Try explaining that to 4 disappointed girls, especially mine who really had no idea what was going on. All she wanted to do was get in the water and she made that fact known very loudly. But it worked out because we took the girls to the Museum of Idaho which has this great Egyptian display right now, complete with a real mummy! Unfortunately, when we discovered this mummy was actually a small kitten, it kind of killed it for the girls. They wouldn’t let me take pictures inside the display but I was able to sneak some inside of the Children’s Interactive Zone. They got to dress up like pioneers and they played together very nicely. I have to take this opportunity to say that I really admire what Ben’s doing. At this point, he is a single dad trying to be everything for two very adorable little girls and he plays a very important role in his step-daughter’s life as well. While this is not easy, he is doing an incredible job and I’m very thankful that he lets Chase and I play a small role in his life. I’m so excited to meet his wife when she returns and see how all of their lives play out.


No comments: