Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Izzy Turned Five Like 20 Days Ago

My baby's not really a baby anymore. Well she kinda is. But she is five and we are staring down kindergarten right in the face.

So we had a little party. And invited her whole class.


And it was super fun, but really crazy.

And this is the only picture I got of the whole darn thing.


I had a bad vertigo attack that set in about an hour before the party and culminated into me passing out later in the evening.

So you can imagine. I don't know how I got through the entire thing. A higher power stepped in. That's all I can say.

But 8 physical therapy sessions and I am back to new. Not that this is about me.

Izzy turned five! And her friends came out to celebrate.


The cake was so precious. It was painful to cut into. A Belle for a Belle. So sweet!

And she got so many fun presents that we could barely carry them all.

Izzy's bestie gave her a scooter. She lives on that thing. We love it because it promotes exercise.


And I also LOVE it because she uses it as another device to torture the dog. Which is good because it helps remind him that he's not human, which makes life easier for all of us.

Darn chihuahua. Trust me when I say peeps, he may think he's tortured but he's not. I want his life.

But main thing I want to let everyone know is how blessed I am to have this little beauty. She and I may fight but I love this little girl so much. She reminds me of the good in this world when I am down. She has qualities that I wish I had but don't (like being so outgoing that there is no shame involved). So I get to enjoy them in her which is another blessing for me. Being her parent makes me a better person and I cherish her for it.

Isabelly Gracie Burkie I love you :)

1 comment:

The Lanier Family said...

I love smell-a-belle too!!! She is such a sweet, wonderful, smart little girl and everyone who knows her loves her!!