Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kids Say Things To Make Their Parents Look Bad


Seriously, I don't know what to do.

I can't win at this game even when I'm trying. I have no idea who I am up against in this hypothetical game scenario. Yet I still am losing. Wow, that's the sign of a pathetic person.

I know how smart all of you are out there in bloggy world. And you know that kids repeat things. That's what they do.

I swear that my four year old has it out for me. And I am still debating on whether it's on purpose or not.

She half repeats what I say. The bad half.

For example, I said "I check on you every night after you go to sleep but then I sneak out to I don't wake you,"

Isabelle told her friend McKinley, "My mom sneaks out when we are sleeping."

I had to drop off a check to a business for Izzy's school and it was raining. I didn't want to schlep my kids inside, so I parked right outside the door and said, "I'm going to cheat and park up front."

Isabelle told her teacher the next day, "My mom cheats."

The dog annoys me. I said "I swear I can't take it one more day."

I'm sure you see where that one went.

The best one was when I said, "Wow, I wish I had a lock on my door to keep the demon children out."

Guess what? She got that one verbatim in front of her entire preschool class. "My mom wants a lock on her door to keep the demons out."

Hey, I'm not perfect. I'm ok with that.

No comments: