Monday, April 29, 2013

It wasn't the worst thing

I was forced into fishing this weekend. It turns out, contrary to popular thought, it wasn't all the bad. Until we caught a fish. Then it got bad. Really bad. Because I felt bad for the innocent thing. I think I may be being called to a life without meat. No joke. 


When I found out that Chase was taking the girls fishing, I thought to myself, "Sweet. Movie theater here I come."


My whole evening came crashing down around me with those three little words. Is Katie going?

Ummmm heck no I'm not going. After my last fishing experience I was convinced fishing was not for me. Besides with Chase on the road so much, watching an uninterrupted movie seemed like an unattainable goal. 

Which it turned out, it was. 

Chase pointed out that if I didn't come, it might be a little weird. BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO GO! But I want to live a Godly life and sometimes we submit ourselves and our wants for what's best for those around us. Do I believe that enough to openly state on my blog? I do. 



So for three hours, I sat on a hard bench, exposing myself to the elements. The wind was fierce. I was cold. All of this could have led me to a grouchy spirit. But I choose happiness. I watched my three-year-old reel in a fish and she was so excited to show me. All of which I would have missed sitting in a movie theater. 


And I would have missed these two lovies being mermaids. Which would have been the worst because it was so cute. 





At the end of the day, I was glad I went fishing. I had the best time with my family and that's more important than anything else I could have been doing. 

No comments: